Thursday, February 28, 2008


OK. So Hope is 11 months old. On Tuesday, Hope, Jackson and I went with my BFF Tara to our other BFF Jennifer's house. Can I just express how grateful I am to be able to hang out with these girls? It's a huge blessing to my heart! Anyway, Jennifer (who is the mother of 4 girls), couldn't believe that I was still feeding Hope jarred baby food. I've been slowly transitioning her to table food, but when Jenn cut up some grapes for Hopey (very small), and gave Hope a bite, my girl when nuts! Jennifer did NOT say this, but what my heart heard was, "You're baby-ing the baby. Give that girl some food!"

So. . that night, we went to Friendswood for supper with the family. Again, AMAZING that we can be spontaneous with our family. I called my mom at 3 to see if we could come, and at 6 we were sitting at their table--with Mel, Nathan, and Caden--eating my mom's yummy food. Anyway, I cut up chicken, green beans, bananas, and peaches for Hope--and she went NUTS! She loved it! I promise you she ate for 45 minutes--it was the best meal of her life! She clapped and signed for "more" again and again. . and again!  There's been no going back since then. .  . no more jars. My baby is growing up--so quickly!



Nathan and Caden hanging out. Caden is GROWING like a weed! He is adorable!
Wednesday is chapel day for M & J. Here they are in their chapel uniform dress. Too cute! Jackson has to wear blue slacks with a white oxford (tucked in) with belt. Maddie wears a plaid dress with white, peter pan-collared shirt.  Can I just say it again--GRATEFUL! 


3 comments:

Murrell Family said...

We are missing you guys, but I'm so glad that you are close to your family and friends! I love the pic of Madison and Jackson in their cute uniforms!

Tina Braswell said...

Cute!! I bet Hope went nuts with that food! As soon as Kaitlyn could sit up, it seems, she was eyeing our food. As long as she can feed herself she'd probably eat dirt if we put it in front of her. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself so much!

krista and ryan said...

Be very grateful. Chelsea is just now at 19 months adjusting to the textures of "real" food. Sometimes it is quite a losing battle. Madison and Jackson look adorable.