Thursday, September 11, 2008

Moving and Ike-ing

Well, looks like we chose Hurricane Ike's big weekend for our big move! Thankfully, Stephen and the moving crew got all of our stuff from the storage building to the new house today. . .and quite a bit of our condo stuff, too.


Instead of being at the new house unpacking (like I'm anxious to do, of course), we'll be spending the weekend at the condo riding out the storm.

The name of the game is holding plans loosely. . . God knows and He will strengthen us for today.

If you would, pray especially for my parents and grandmama. Grandmama's nursing home issued a mandatory evacuation (it's near NASA), and so she is now at my mom's house. The crazy thing is that my parents' house is also in a mandatory evacuation zone.  . and my grandmama is bed ridden and requires around the clock care.. . so pray for them, please. :)

OK. . that's the update! :) Thought I'd share. . .

3 comments:

keely said...

I just wanted to say hello! I was a Breakaway Volunteer "back in the day" while The Smith Band was leading worship! My husband and I have been going to HFBC and I just stumbled upon your blog!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Praying for you and your grandma!

Amanda said...

Girlie, the peeps need an update!